Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I Would Live In Your Love

Gifts from my Mom and Grandparents. 

Roses selfie. 


My Valentine's Day was a lovely one. Deon did so much to make me feel special! I enjoyed making Valentine's for all my girlfriends and handing them out. It was a very busy day with lot's to do so Deon and I didn't really get any one on one time, but the day was still great! 

I woke up and got Deon a heart shaped cheese pizza which I don't have a pic of unfortunately. I know how much Deon loves pizza so I scoured all over town and only one out of the tons of places we had in Cleveland made them! Papa Murphy's does ready to bake ones that are quite inexpensive and really good if you're ever looking. 

When I went to drop it off at his apartment, he gave me my first gift of the day. 

I love notebooks. I collect them all the time. Deon knows this and he crafted and bound for me one himself! It's so cute and I can't wait to fill it with thoughts. 

Later right before Chorale rehearsal, he surprised me with a large bouquet in front of some of my friends! 
I love them!

So beautiful! 

He ordered me another gift too but he refuses to say what it is and it hasn't gotten here yet so I guess I will have to wait in suspense! 

The St. Olaf Choir came to our school to perform. You've probably heard of them. They are a simply incredible collegiate choir. I got to have dinner with some of them and they were really nice. Deon and I went with some friends and let me tell you it was one of the most thrilling, profound, moving performances I have ever witnessed. Their musicality and connection to each other was so beautiful to watch. One of my favorite pieces they did was Even When He Is Silent. You should check them out on Youtube. 

Michaela and I being cute. 

Deon missed the fierce memo. 

We hot. 




Since we didn't really get any time alone to spend on that day, Deon and I hung out the next evening and had a quiet evening in playing in Guild Wars dungeons together and I made Pumpkin Spice bread that my Mother had sent me. IT IS AMAZING STUFF. OH MY GOSH. 

My roommate snapped this while we played because she thought it was hysterical. 


I love Deon so much and the thought he put behind all of his gifts and actions on Valentine's Day (and every day), make me feel so special. I will leave you all with one of my new favorite poems by Sara Teasdale.

I would live in your love as the sea-grasses live in the sea,
Borne up by each wave as it passes, drawn down by each wave that recedes;I would empty my soul of the dreams that have gathered in me,I would beat with your heart as it beats, I would follow your soulas it leads. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment