Friday, December 13, 2013

Sing We Now to Sigma Alpha Iota.

Daughters of a great and singing nation,
Let your voices rise in dedication,
Music tells unspoken noble creeds;
Music beautifies the simplest deeds;
Sing we now to Sigma Alpha Iota.

Sing the greatness of the soul and spirit,
Sing the joy of peace and friendship's merit,
Music is a kind and truthful speech;
In a language out of mere word's reach,
Sing we now to Sigma Alpha Iota.

About two weeks ago, I got initiated as a sister of Sigma Alpha Iota - Lambda Eta, the women's musical fraternity at my college. It's called a fraternity instead of sorority because it's so old, that it was around before there were actually sororities! SAI is for any woman college student music major or not, who has a love of music and wants to further it's development particularly in music education and music therapy throughout America and the world. I'm so proud to be a part of such a great sisterhood!


Here are some pics of my initiation process. 
Bid Night when they came to sing to me.

Most of our chapter and the three new MITS in the front: Abbey, Lisa and myself. 

I love Lisa!

After getting initiated! Matching jerseys. :) 

My big sister Katie and I. 

Not only best friends, but sisters!

Sweet Abbey 

It took me forever to get our hand sign. 

Deon's pic of me in my jersey and new scarf. 
Our chapter wishes you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment