Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hair Dye, Stargazing, My First Chorale Concert, and Fall Break.


 Well it's been a while since I've updated! I just finished my Fall Break and am entering the second stretch of this fall semester. So much to do so little time.

One of the things I've been up to these past couple weeks is dying my hair. If you guys remember, I dyed it a darkish brown last winter, and I liked it, but I wanted it to have more to it. I ended up dying it an even darker brown with lots of red in it.

I. LOVE. IT. I have received so many compliments on it! Deon really loves it too I had him help me pick out the color. I might never go back to my old hair....at least not for a long time.

It's darker than this, but I like this pic of it. 


Two weekends ago, Deon, myself and a group of friends decided to spontaneously drive up to Chilhowee and stargaze. Freshman year I went up in the mountains at night with Deon and a lot of friends to have a bonfire and there was a waterfall too, we thought we remembered where the turnoff was but we were wrong! We drove for ages marveling at how clear the stars were! God's creation is so amazing and as we drove all I could do was silently thank him for it. We found a turnoff eventually and we spread out towels and blankets and sat talking about anything and everything and cuddling under the stars. There is nothing like the outdoors, good friends and good conversation! It will go down as one of my favorite evenings I've ever spent.

Terrible pic and we were dazed by the flash. :P 


Chorale had their first concert of the semester. I had the flu two days beforehand, but I was able to pull it together for the concert! I've been waiting for two years to be a member of Chorale and sing with them it is one of the most special experiences I have ever had. Our concert was based around some choral works, hymns and spirituals. It went wonderfully and when we sang an arrangement of For The Fruit of All Creation I couldn't help but tear up at being able to create music with so many wonderful people. I hope I can do this my whole life.
Deon and I at Steak and Shake afterwards. 

I've gotten a lot more vain since dying my hair haha. 


Jason photobombing Deon and I. 

Sass

This is probably one of my favorite pics ever. I love Rachel so much and aren't our Chorale dresses and jewelry classy? 

Millie, Rachel Sam and I.

On my fall break, I spent it with Deon on campus until the weekend when we drove to Nashville to see my best friend Delanie. I haven't gotten to see her since May (she goes to MTSU), so it was so wonderful to see her again. 


I'd like to ask for continued prayer over my test taking. I'm doing a little better, but no matter how much studying I do and how prepared I feel I'm still bombing a lot of exams although my homework is near perfect. My teachers are confused and so am I. I don't think I'm in danger of failing any classes, but it's still really upsetting so prayers are needed!

I'm hanging in there till Thanksgiving Break. I'm looking forward to going home and seeing my parents. :)

Until next time!

1 comment: