Monday, September 30, 2013

Food for Thought

What's Wrong With Guarding Your Heart?| Recovering Grace

This was something I struggled with greatly going up. This was a teaching that everyone around me advocated and for a while I bought it hook line and sinker...until I saw that it wrecked perfectly normal and healthy friendships between my girlfriends and guys in our church.  I came to college terrified every boy thought I was flirting with them and that they thought I was a whore.  I would even go so far as to say that some of these teachings affected how I approached my first relationship. We need to stop trying to micromanage and control every single aspect of our lives and everyone elses and instead love openly and without reserve in the way Jesus would want us to.

No comments:

Post a Comment