Saturday, December 15, 2012



"Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, and, reminds us, that though we may come from different countries and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one."



I'd just like to take a minute to address the Sandy Hook shooting. As a person, and as a future educator I am devastated by this. There have been many shootings and tragedies that have happened in my 20 years on this earth, but few have affected me like this. I don't know if it's because now that I have been accepted into TEP it's making me realize that whoa, I actually AM about to be a teacher and that could have been MY classroom, and MY kids. What if I am put in a situation like that one day? Would I be brave enough to put my life in jeopardy for my kids even if I knew I was going to die? I'd like to think God would give me the courage...but I don't know for sure. 

However, what I do know is that I am going to do my utmost to make my classroom the safest and happiest environment it can be. I'm going to love those kids like there may be no tomorrow and make sure they always know I care about them. I pray that I can always protect them and not have to break the news to a parent that their child is gone. 

I pray for peace.

Right now, I know it feels like the world is spinning out of control, but God is in control. He is the rock to which I am clinging and I pray those families are too. 


Pray for peace, pray for Sandy Hook, and realize what amazing lives we have been given and cherish your loved ones and thank God for protecting you. 



RIP - All the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy.
Children
Charlotte Bacon, age 6.
Daniel Barden, 7.
Olivia Engel, 6.
Josephine Gay, 7.
Ana M Marquez-Greene, 6.
Dylan Hockley, 6.
Madeleine F Hsu, 6.
Catherine V Hubbard, 6.
Chase Kowalski , 7.
Jesse Lewis, 6.
James Mattioli, 6.
Grace McDonnell, 7.
Emilie Parker, 6.
Jack Pinto, 6.
Noah Pozner, 6.
Caroline Previdi, 6.
Jessica Rekos, 6.
Avielle Richman, 6.
Benjamin Wheeler, 6.
Allison N Wyatt, 6.
Adults
Rachel Davino, 29.
Dawn Hochsprung, 47.
Anne Marie Murphy, 52.
Lauren Rousseau, 30.
Mary Sherlach, 56.
Victoria Soto, 27.

No comments:

Post a Comment